Who is collecting and using your personal data?
DBD Electrical Ltd will act as a “data controller” for any personal data that you provide to us. As such, we will ensure that the data given to us is processed in line with your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulations and associated data protection laws currently applicable in the UK.
Please note that failure to provide your personal data may result in us not being able to provide services.
Why are we collecting your personal data?
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- as part of our documentation obligations as necessary such as information we are required to keep by law (e.g. records that may need to be inspected by HMRC).
We rely upon the following laws to process your personal data:
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract (e.g. provide a quote).
We will not share your personal data with any other organisations
How long will we hold your personal data?
DBD Electrical Ltd will retain your personal data for 6 years as required by law (e.g. records that may need to be inspected by HMRC).
Exercising your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights;
- The right of access to your own personal data
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine readable format
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note these rights are not absolute and each request will be treated individually in accordance with the applicable laws.
Your right to complain
If you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by DBD Electrical Ltd, you should contact us here: email@example.com. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with our Customer Feedback/Complaints Procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below.
Information Commissioner’s Office